Tuesday 31 May 2016

through the years: may

Just trying to squeeze in this post before the end of May! I don't know how people work full-time and blog regularly. I certainly cannot manage that at the minute, so props to you all who do! Especially since a lot of my work now is scanning, working on Photoshop and handling photographs in general, I just don't feel like doing basically the same thing in a bit of a different form when I get home. Even if I did, where can I find extra time to do all the things I want to and need to do? I'll catch up with your blogs when I do, though, and post more when I do. That's enough about that, here's outfits from previous Mays:


2011: This is a kind of outfit post I've not often done in the past and never in the more present times, I think. A going out outfit, you see. I'm supposed to concentrate on the outfit but I remember this night well too, haha! This is something I'd wear when going out now as well, so not much has changed. I don't have that skirt anymore, I wish I did because I don't own a single black skirt right now! I've given the top to my mum and could wear it if I still wanted:-) You can't really see my bow earrings here, but I was absolutely gutted when I lost the other one. And I still love and own these Vagabond shoes even if they don't get worn too often. Planning on wearing them this weekend! (Them legs, though!)
 



2012: I don't know if I'd wear the first outfit, but I like the colours. I used to wear those blue tops that are my dad's old so much, haha! I still have them and wear them - but mainly at home. And in the first one I also like my eye make-up that doesn't show that much. This is when I was into the Marina and the Diamonds Electra Heart era and her make-up back then and have done the Marina/Twiggy bottom eyelashes in blue. I kind of want to try this again! I chose to add another picture because 1) my hair looks so different depending on how I did it when I had my side cut, 2) I have the beige (looks white here) dress thing in a pile of clothes I've been meaning to sell and am now reconsidering because it was such an easy and versatile piece of clothing, and 3) I kind of like the second photo even though it's not that great.


2013: Ah, Leeds. I'd wear this outfit again, because shorts + a blazer is always a good combination. Or almost always. The shorts and the blazer are both still my favourites and I have that top as well. The bag, again, is in a pile of to-be-sold things, hehe.


2014: Back to short hair! This is actually the same dress as in the second 2012 picture. And it's a pretty decent outfit. I don't have nice bandeau tops like the dotted one under the dress anymore because my boobs are bigger (haha). Should this dress come out of the to-be-sold pile or has it been worn enough? I can't decide..


2015: It was easy to pick outfits for 2015 and 2014; there were only one outfit post both year for May! I've been lazy busy with uni. Same belt as in 2014 that I don't own anymore (or have lost when moving). Other than that I'd still put this outfit together, and probably have. This is my new "easy and versatile" dress now. I have this backpack with me every day nowadays and before it got warm I was basically wearing my leather jacket every day as well.


2016: A backside preview of an upcoming outfit post. If I ever get to editing and posting and all that!

What's your favourite May-Laura of the past?

P.S. Also check out my previous "through the years" from April if you haven't before!
And if you fancy catching up with my daily life see my previous post, the latest of Project 366.
SHARE:

15 comments

Laura Mitbrodt said...

It is so crazy to see the transformation, I would get to freaked out doing this for myself haha
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Unknown said...

What cute outfits! You have such a lovely sense of style - love the feminine but indie touch. You are definitely channeling some Zooey Deschanel!


Rae | Love from Berlin

Sara said...

Cute from beginning to end! I am with you on trying to keep up with posting, I get so behind sometimes!

Corinne said...

I think I like the first one best!

Ahh, Leeds indeed. Leeds misses you!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Rebecca said...

I completely agree I have no idea how some people can blog so much. I can only get in one post a week because I want to only publish quality stuff. So just do what you can and be proud of that!! :) loved seeing your recap of past outfits. It's amazing how much we all change. Love your upcoming post. The dress is beautiful!

Rebecca
http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/

The Mad Twins said...

I love your party outfit! :) You will have time soon! Fulltime blogging is indeed hard! I'm looking forward to the post that is coming!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello, Lovely outfits and you look fantastic.

I love the second last photo. Gorgeous.

Best wishes

Joanna Joy said...

I like the versatile gray metallic dress with the black jacket.

astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love the outfit in the 4th picture, and I LOVE the dress in the last picture! You always look so spectacular.

Hena Tayeb said...

I agree.. it is often difficult balancing it all.. and blogging should be fun not feel like another job.

Unknown said...

This is such a smart post to do! So cool to look over the years - I looove the shorts and blazer outfit! P.S. Can totally relate to the busy feeling! I'm slowly but surely catching up on posts, as you can see :p

Raashi
reflectionswithraa.blogspot.com.au

Kati said...

I really like this series! That blue coat is really pretty...

-Kati
http://almoststylish.blogspot.de/

Laura Jones said...

Laura Mitbrodt - personally, i don't think i've changed all that much, haha! and haha, i'm sure it wouldn't be that bad, love! xx

Rae - thank you so much, doll! xx

Sara-h Jane - why, thank you, gal! i'm glad i'm not the only one, although i'm so bad at times.. i genuinely have so many posts from over a year ago that i should've post and now don't know if it's too late, haha! xx

Corinne - thanks, chicken! it's a nice one, i think:-D i really want to at least visit if not move back, ha! xx

Rebecca - there really doesn't seem to be enough time and i feel like one post per week is really good as well! but i also feel like if one actually makes a schedule and plans everything, it'd get easier to manage blog-real life balance, haha! and thank you so much, doll! xx

The Mad Twins - thank you, thank you, sweetie! i think i'll manage to be more present in the blogosphere once i go back to uni and stop working, so i'll have time to figure out a proper schedule on things! :-) xx

Joseph Pulikotil - thank you so much, pal! x

Joanna Joy - thank you, hun! x

Optimistic Existentialist - thank you very much, friend! x

Hena Tayeb - oh, i agree, hon!

Raashi - thank you, honey! haha, i know, so little time, so much to do! xx

Kati - so lovely to hear you do, hen! and thank you, i do really love it myself, hehe! xx

Shilpa said...

So nice :)
The last one is cool
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Laura Jones said...

Shilpa Chandrasekheran - thank you, lovely! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig