Thursday 21 April 2016

through the years: april

One of my favourite Finnish bloggers, Juulia (or ia as she used to call herself back in the day!) from Colour me!, has this series on her blog where she looks back on her outfits and outfit posts through the years every month. I've seen a few others doing this as well and just love the idea. Although some jokingly mock their past selves (which I do love reading, ha), I found that looking back my style hasn't changed that much. I also find that I've blogged about some strange stuff occasionally, but that's another story. Looking back on my outfit posts, there's a lot of recycling of the same items, some questionable choices and some pieces that make me say 'ooh I wish I still had that!'. All in all, this seemed like a blog post worthwhile doing, so here's what I've been wearing in April during this decade:


2011: Apart from the overexposure and the fact that this was shot in the bathroom, I'm okay with this. I don't really wear trousers unless they're high-waisted anymore, but these are just some basic black trousers. I remember buying them only because I did one of my school's work experiences at a restaurant and as a waitress I had to have black trousers. I didn't own any at the time so I bought these because I needed them for that week. Haha! That was before 2011, though. Back in 2011 I lived in Scotland and that's the year I became a 'blazer wanker' by purchasing this number. I only gave it away last year. But I still have these braces (they're my grandpa's old) and could see myself wearing something similar to this today!




2012: I had to include both of these because I look so cute, haha:--) That's my reaction to a lot of these old pictures. I actually still have the dress and the playsuit (as shorts in the second picture), but they're in a pile of things I've been meaning to sell. I'm not really into vests like in 2012, but I still wear those scarves and a jumper over a playsuit/dress is obviously still very me. Also, how cute is my childhood home in these two, makes me so sad that the house is no more.


2013: Uni-Laura wearing the same blazer as in 2011. Also wearing the same scarf as in 2012, it's a good scarf and my grandma's old. These jeans were freaking awesome, my current pair does not compare. And the yellow top used to be my go-to start of spring/summer season staple. I chose this photo mainly because my hair is so big.


2014: Would still wear, 10/10. These wedges got mouldy though (how disgusting) and I had to throw them away. They were freaking awesome as well, my trusty going out shoes, as well as good going-to-make-it-look-like-I-made-an-effort shoes. (I know I'm in the process of growing my hair long again, but this makes me want to change my mind.)


2015: Quite a basic Laura outfit that I might still put together. Jealous of myself from a year ago when it seems to have been no-tights weather! No such luck now that I'm in Finland. That's definitely something that's different since most of these past years I've been in the UK and a blazer or a leather jacket has been sufficient.


 2016: And here were are in 2016 with an outfit I've not posted yet! And surprisingly the only thing I could've worn 2011-2015 are the shoes, because I actually have some new things as well (kind of)!

This was such a fun post for me to write, so I hope you do like it! Let me know and I'll make this a monthly thing. I certainly don't mind going through the archives:-) I should try and get on our old family hard drive and see if I could find any pre-blogging outfits circa 2005-2009, there could be more outfit choices that might be described as mistakes today.. What's your favourite Laura-outfit in April?
SHARE:

9 comments

E said...

I love this idea too! one of my favorite things about blogging is that it encourages me to wear old things in new ways! I love the way you restyled these pieces!

District of Chic

The Equinox Fashion by Paweerata said...

I think your style has developed :) And that photos of you with the long hair! I can't remember how you looked like with the sweet long hair anymore lol, only chic girl with a lovely short hairdo :) When I look at my very first #ootd post, I kinda like smile and laugh at the same time lol. What a lovely post my dear.

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Wow this is such a cool idea!!
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Corinne said...

Ahh, so many fun looks. You suit so many styles! I love that last one on you though. Such a classic beauty you are :)

Corinne x

Amy said...

I love all of these outfits! It's really cool to see how your style has changed ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Hena Tayeb said...

such fun looking back at looks of the past years..

Laura Jones said...

E - me too, it really makes you think more about what you wear - especially when you don't want to blog the same old outfit every day, haha:-) and thank you, lovely! x

Gail J - haha, i suppose, but not dramatically:-) i know, it's so strange to think my hair used to be that long! i'm going back to it now though - at least for a while, haha! i'll have to have a nosey on your blog and see your old outfits, hehe. and thank you, m'dear! xx

Laura Mitbrodt - i do think so, pet! xx

Corinne - why, thank you very much, doll! xx

Amy - thank you, thank you, hon! xx

Hena Tayeb - isn't it, chicken! x

Laila said...

What a great idea for a post! I love the floral skirt, it's so great. I also love your changing hair and hair lengths through these posts, and the scarf you have on during the uni years! It's gorgeous :)

Laura Jones said...

Laila - thank you so much, dear! my hair's basically been every length it can these past few years, haha:-) i really need to bring back all my scarves like that! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig