Monday 26 March 2018

project 365: week twelve


078: Started the week with uni work. V. boring.


079: My life in a nutshell. Or rather, my life in a bottle.


080: This week was very much a week of basics for me; being ill, uni work, and being an all-round boring person, haha!


081: But I did go to the city, and had to walk my usual route along the river even though I didn't have to be in that area, really. But it's always nicer along the river which is why I'm always walking there! And I cannot wait for all of the snow to melt so that I can actually start walking all the way to the city - again along the river - instead of taking the bus.



082: Took photos near this field and had a make-up day. Because most of my life is all about being at the library, doing research, and staying home, I've not felt like doing my make-up that much and probably only have something on my face 1-3 times a week. I'd say that's unusual for me, but, really, now it's the norm.


083: Some bits and pieces I've been wearing lately. Clearly I am a magpie and just like anything shiny!


084: On Palm Sunday I was prepared for any children to come and do the traditional virpominen and had bought Easter eggs and sweets, but nobody came. Oh, well, I suppose I'll have to have all the chocolate myself (once lent is over, obviously!). What a shame. Honestly, I was a bit gutted because virpominen was such a big part of my Easter growing up and such an exciting thing every year, and I wanted to still be a part of that - this time by being the one who gives out sweets and money and receives the pussy willow branch in return. (I know I've talked about this before, but Palm Sunday is kind of like an equivalent to an American Halloween in Finland.) So, sad to have missed out on this cultural event, but glad to have more chocolate for Easter. You win some, you lose some.

What did you get up to last week?
SHARE:

4 comments

Hena Tayeb said...

Lovely images.. the shimmery make up looks pretty
Sorry you've been under the weather..
I too have been just watching and waiting as the snow thaws..

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Corinne said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Sad no children came, but more for you!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

FashionRadi said...

Love your make-up look! So beautiful!

www.fashionradi.com

Laura Jones said...

Caramella - thank you, girl! xx

Hena Tayeb - thank you, lovely! hope it won't be too long until it's all gone, haha! xx

Corinne - thanks! and exactly, hun, haha! xx

FashionRadi - thank you, chick! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig