Wednesday 24 January 2018

budapest: part two


We spent basically all of our second day in Budapest on the side of Buda, on the Castle Hill. It was the only day that was a bit gray and it even rained for a while, but it was still a really lovely day. (10/10, would recommend all of Budapest.)

There's so much to see and do on the Castle Hill; museums, the castle, churches, the Fisherman's Bastion, and so on. And even though we were there in the autumn, they already had a tiny Christmas market as well. We did do a lot of walking, but were lazy and took the funicular up the hill - it's quite cheap and it's a thing to do in Budapest so it's worth it even if it is just the shortest wee ride. Some of the places I'd say are worth going in are the Matthias church (the church is beautiful and they also had an exhibition on Empress Elisabeth which reminded me of how much I used to love the Sissi films when I was younger and I feel like I need to rewatch them. Did anyone else watch them as a wee one?) and Labirintus (which is a bit silly but which I still enjoyed - mostly because my mum was getting scared of the dark caves and Dracula, haha!).





















































And I'm still thinking about all the kürtőskalács or chimney cakes!

Let me know if Budapest is a place you'd like to visit or your favourite places in it if you've been! Like I've said, I'd love to go back and to see more of Hungary (as well as other similar European cities - recommendations always welcome). I have no travel plans for this year yet and am starting to feel a strong desire to book something. But isn't that something we all feel all the time?
SHARE:

2 comments

Corinne said...

I'd love to visit! Your photos are always lovely. You have such a good eye for photos.

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Laura Jones said...

Corinne - i'm sure you'd love it, budapest is so lovely! and thank you so much, dear! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig