Monday 19 August 2013

pink and black shame





 Shirt - 2nd hand
Skirt - H&M
Cardi - 2nd hand/Topshop
Ring - Gift from my godmother
Shoes - 2nd hand/Skopunkten



Ah, I know I put myself on a shopping ban for this year, but I'm still getting new stuff. But I did mention the possibility of actually needing something and allowing buying it in that case. I didn't have any flat shoes (haha!), so I really had to go looking for a pair. These lil' peeptoes are brand new, even though they're second hand. I am so pleased with finding them; the price tag was still in place showing 22e, and I got them for 2! How good is that? (Also, I didn't have any pants with me when coming to Finland, so I had to get a pair, so that I wouldn't freeze in the church. You'll probably see them in an outfit post at some point.)

Then my mum got a bag of old clothes from a client. I may have gone through it and found myself three shirts... But getting free stuff doesn't really go against my shopping ban, does it? (It doesn't.) I have the one I'm wearing with some funny pattern on it, another pink one with lacey details in the front and a white short-sleeved shirt with lace. Oh, this materialistic heaven.

P.S. If anyone's interested, the black pew I'm sitting on was used as a punishment/form of public humiliation for women during the Middle Ages (and probably still after, through the 1850s). Considering that men were put in the stocks, the punishment for women was quite mild!
SHARE:

11 comments

Unknown said...

I love your blouse! so chic!
follow me on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
xx

Why Girls Are Weird said...

That blouse is so pretty on you, very feminine!


P.S. I'm giving away 5 sponsor spots this week on my blog and I'd love for you to come and enter!

Holly said...

wow that pew story is fascinating. What a fucking awesome and unique prop! LOL. Compared to that my bed is so boring. Cool post. Love your skirt.

http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

The Equinox Fashion by Paweerata said...

We can still meet up in Manchester if you like since i will wander around vintage/clothing stores there. Would be great to have friend :) xx

Imogen said...

Free stuff is totally ok on a spending ban, it's even better! Love your top, it's so beautiful and a fabulous colour.

Sakuranko said...

Oh really cute skirt dear! :)
Lovely outfit!
xx

www.sakuranko.com

Unknown said...

love your nail polish!

xxx
Lady à la Mode

Rebecca said...

This is a really sweet look! Very brave of you to go on a shopping ban! :) But I agree if you didnt have any flats you sure do need a pair! Love your blouse!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

Natalie said...

It certainly does not go against your shopping ban! You look lovely!

www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

Marisa Noelle said...

That's so interesting about the pew!

You look so pretty and I love the romantic look to these photos :-) Even though last year I did so well at my shopping ban...I've been horrible at it this year...hehe. Those secondhand finds are gorgeous!

Laura Jones said...

Marika - thank you, dear! xx

Ourdestination - cheers, hen! x

Krysten - thank you so much, lady! xx

Holly-Bella - it certainly is, haha! but i still wouldn't call your bed boring, just different! and thank you, pet! x

Gail J - that'd be nice, we'll see:-) keep in touch, doll! xx

Imogen - it's good to hear someone else say that, hehe:-) and thank you, sweetie! x

Sakuranko - thank you, chick! xx

Hena Tayeb - thanks,love! x

Caitie Schlisserman - thank you, dove! xxx

Rebecca - oh, it just requires a little self-control, haha! and not having a lot of money helps, too.. anyway, thank you very much, honey! x

Tallia - good to hear you say so, haha! thank you, hon! x

Marisa Noelle - i think stuff like that is really interesting:-) thank you so much, darling! i wouldn't dream of continuing my shopping ban for a second year in a row, so be proud of doing well for one year! not everyone can do that! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig